The school of tomorrow or the Accelerated Christian Education curriculum (ACE) is one that follows a self taught philosophy.
This means that the lessons are designed to allow the children themselves to discover and learn on their own. It is designed for self pacing allowing children to take the time they need on each lesson.
This is necessary because the ACE home school curriculum is mastery based so each lesson builds on the one before it. This is similar to regular school curriculums that build on the information learned previously.
ACE stands for Accelerated Christian Education. It is more than just a Christian home school curriculum. It is a complete package offering both the curriculum and support for parents.
Advantages of this Home School Curriculum
There are a number of advantages to this particular Homeschool curriculum.
• The biggest is the fact advantage is that it is independent and self taught. The lessons are designed to allow the students to learn and discover on their own. They are designed including, vocabulary, quizzes and mastery tests.
This means that students can progress as they learn each lesson rather than having to sit though things they already know or follow a set schedule. This gives children who need more time the time they need and children who need less can move ahead as they need. Parents can provide tutoring at any time and do not need to be locked into a learning schedule or a certain number of hours a day for education. This means that there is a greater amount of flexibility.
• There is also a team of advisors and support that can be called by parents if they need assistance
• There is also a full accreditation from SACS and CITA making it easier for credits from this program to be transferred and accepted by colleges. You can also receive report cards, transcripts and diplomas.
Disadvantages of ACE or School of Tomorrow Curriculum
• There are some disadvantages to allowing self teaching. There are some children who need the routine and schedule created by more traditional schooling and traditional schedules.
• While it offers discounts, the ACE program, is one of the more expensive options for home schooling. Other programs like Switched on Schoolhouse are more affordable for many homeschoolers.
• There are a large number of options so that you can pick and choose for your children. This can lead to some disorganization and provides less of a structured learning environment, which may cause issues with some families. Other families may find it to be acceptable.
It is a good idea to test out this curriculum or the guidelines of it before investing in it to make sure that it is right for you and your family, but many Christian Homeschool families love it!
Click here to visit their site and learn more.
I introduced the School of Tomorrow Curriculum to Bermuda. At that time it fulfilled an urgent need in my life. In 1981, I fell compelled to take my children out of the system. I felt like I was committing a crime sending them to school. I ran a Christian school from 1983-1994. I would not recommend the School of Tomorrow Curriculum for children of African descent. Somewhere in the Social Studies Curriculum, around PACE 43 or thereabouts it is stated that the slaves deserved their lot because they were inferior. A parent pointed it out to me. I was totally embarrassed.
In 1998, I worked with Dr. Howard as a Curriculum Coordinator. after he left ACE and he started the Eagle Project.
Black children in my country need a relevant, identity curriculum with cultural integrity, infused with the African content and the Bermuda content. That’s why, now I recommend to black parents that they pursue an African Centred Curriculum with the AYA International Institute, based in Stone Mountain, Georgia.
Hello! I would like to enroll my daughter. Please tell me how? Kindly email me po. Thanks!
If you’re interested in learning more about the Accelerated Christian Education program, you can check out the reviews from our visitors here: https://homeschool-curriculum.org/ace-curriculum/
You can also visit ACE’s website here: https://www.aceministries.com/homeschool-options
Thanks for your interest!