Time4Learning is one of the most respected and exciting programs you will find for your child. This system is designed to be highly interactive: they really do a good job of getting your child excited about learning and willing to do the work. Most important, the curriculum teaches high-level education, what you would expect from a top performing option today.
There are several things to know about this curriculum. First, it is an online interactive software that is paced by the student. They learn as quickly or as slowly as they need to. The program offers a variety of lessons including science, math, language arts, and social studies. The system starts at the preschool age and work up to middle school.
This homeschool curriculum also provides parents with a highly interactive parent forum so that experiences between parents can be shared and learned from. Some of the parents there have decades of teaching, which gives any new parent that extra sigh of relief.
The Benefits of Time4Learning
There is a wealth of benefits for this online homeschool option. For one, the program has grown in popularity over the last year and you are sure to hear at least some buzz about it from time to time. Here are some of the positives you will find with Time4Learning.
- Fully web based education. The benefit here is that it does not have some of the expensive registration common with offline programs. You also do not need to pay expensive mailing costs.
- Full support is provided to parents as they need it. Most of the support is handled through email, but the company also has phone lines open nearly all day to provide guidance to parents with needs or questions.
- The preschool activities are one of the best. It offers a lot of highly animated learning, which is highly helpful for parents who are looking for a way to get kids interested in learning. It keeps them going, too. There is a lot of music, a lot of laughing and of course a lot of learning done there.
- You can check it out online. You can view sample lesson plans online so that you can see exactly what your child will be working with over their learning experience. This is helpful for those who are comparing the options to each other.
- Inexpensive: Perhaps the best part of this curriculum is that the program is highly affordable. It goes under $20 a month to use. Plus, you get a risk free guarantee with it. You have 14 days to change your mind about it should you see that it is not for your child.
A Few Downsides to this Online Homeschooling Option
While Time4Learning is one of the best tools for homeschooling parents, there are a few areas where it could be better.
- The program does not include a review process; there is just a lesson and then a short test on it. The concepts often build rapidly, such as going from single digit addition to double digit a day apart from each other.
- The program could teach more. Though well structured, the program may not contain enough practice nor enough work for your child. Some students fly through the process quickly, not getting enough.
- There is very little, if any, written work for the child to complete through this homeschool curriculum. This could be a problem if you do not supplement the work with additional handwriting opportunities.
Overall, Time4Learning is definitely worth an investment. It can be a great supplemental program as well, especially if there are programs that warrant a more interactive program. The Time4Learning homeschooling program should be one you consider for your child for its affordability, interaction, and ability to teach concepts to those who may not want to learn.
- There are no contracts, which is a fantastic benefit since it allows you to leave if things change for you, something that can happen to anyone.
There are other benefits to Time4Learning, too. For example, everything you child has done is listed in their portfolio to help you go back if needed. Children work independently through the program with only some needed parent assistance. Plus, there is a daily test to help you see if your child has grasped the topic.