The Alpha Omega LifePac Curriculum should be considered by any homeschooling parent. It is structured to provide you with an great layout and covers a wide range of topics. This Christian Bible based program teaches age appropriate content for grades K through 12. Parents can count on this program to deliver high quality on a regular basis. Alpha Omega LifePacs make an excellent choice for any homeschooling family.
What to Expect with Alpha Omega LifePac
The program is a mastery program. The student moves on to the next once they have fully mastered the first.
With LifePacs, you work through worktexts. The student concentrates on one worktext at a time, mastering it before moving to the next. Each worktext takes about three weeks to complete, but the student moves at their own pace.
There are ten LifePac worktexts completed during one grade level for one full year of education. Parents can supplement the child’s education with additional material as needed.
The Alpha Omega Curriculum is designed to provide students with interactive education through a variety of formats. The program includes a number of lessons, a variety of activities, reviews, and testing.
Alpha Omega LifePac Curriculum Subjects Offered
Students work through five core subjects: The Bible, History and Geography, Math, Science and Language Arts. In addition, electives are available to help students to gain a more specific level of education or to help them to achieve the goals they have.
- Accounting for grades 7 through 12
- Computer Literacy for grades 7 through 12
- Essentials of Communication for grades 9 through 12
- Health Quest for grades 4 through 7
- Foundations for Living for grades 9 through 12
- Spanish levels one and two for grades 7 through 12
- Home economics or grades 7 through 12
There are several others available as well.
Alpha Omega LifePac Curriculum Benefits
Benefits of the Alpha Omega LifePac Curriculum program include all of the following:
- It is one of the most more comprehensive and affordable complete curriculums on the market.
- It is easy for new homeschool families to use.
- LifePac Science is highly interactive and gives the kids lots of fun things to do. This particular program has received many great reviews since it is packed with Bible and science education. Students really do think, “I get this!”
- While Alpha Omega Lifepacs incorporate a lot of independent learning, the program is geared towards encouraging parent involvement. This helps the student to learn more readily. It is often the case that great conversations are started over these program’s lessons because of this involvement.
- The child advances at his own pace.
- LifePacs can be taken anywhere. Children can even work on their lessons in the car or on a trip without lugging a room full of books along.
- Alpha Omega LifePacs is a standalone program. You really do not need to add anything extra to the program to have a complete homeschool curriculum.
There are many benefits to Alpha Omega LifePacs. Parents will want to easily compare this program with others they are considering.
Possible Disadvantages with Alpha Omega LifePacs
There are a few areas where Alpha Omega LifePacs may fall a bit short for some families.
- For some students, the LifePac module is not interactive enough. They may work better with Alpha Omega’s Switched on Schoolhouse format.
- Daily lessons are not provided. Since LifePacs encourage parents to work with their children and at the child’s pace, there is no set day-to-day plan. You will need to determine the best time to stop the program for the day yourself or plan how much you would like your child to accomplish each day.
LifePacs: A Good Choice for Christian Families
Christian families should try this award winning program. Most families are happy that they did. Click here to learn more about AOP’s homeschool resources!